Wednesday 9 November 2011

Character Design: Turtle

These are my character designs for my turtle in my 30 second animation:

as you can see I wanted to go for the cartoon look. The colouring is very simple and I made him stand on two legs rather than four so we can get more emotion from him. we want the audience to think he is quite human in his actions by placing the flower in a vase, then when he eats it it's a realization that he is a turtle and they eat flowers.

Doing a character sheet helps the animators animate. They know what the character should look like and showing the character from different angles and with different expressions helps them know what to aim for.

I also did a layout drawing that will show me what his house will look like:


This is also featured in my Maya Layout blog. Please vist the blog to find out more on why I chose this design.
Im using this drawing to help me with my maya work so I can keep the layout consistent between 2D and my 3D work.
Next I should work on my storyboards so I can finalize my start then i can start to animate :).

*For those who do not know what Maya is. Maya is a 3D software, You can model and animate on it. A lot of films and TV shows will use maya for their 3D animation. You can us 2D animation on it like south park does but it is more of a 3D software*

*The programs that I am using for my 2D animating is Photoshop CS5 and Flash CS5*

No comments:

Post a Comment